Monday, June 20, 2011

#43 Player One-What is to become of us by Douglas Coupland

This book fascinated me and I couldn't put it down. Yet...I can't decide if I LIKED it. I think it might make a really good movie.
To describe it, roughly, I would say that it revolves, mostly, around 4 people coincidentally joined in an airport lounge on any other day for whatever reason has brought them there. Today is the day oil prices skyrockets and the end of the world begins, though. It's a story of personal interactions and emotions and survival but not really a survival story. It's kind of difficult to describe. Maybe its more difficult since I can't, honestly, decide if I liked it. I dunno. Maybe you should read it so we can talk it out. I'm not gonna encourage you more than that, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedate me. Excite me. Leave me to READ.