Sunday, July 17, 2011

#47 The Other Mr. Darcy by Monica Fairview

I hated it. It was exactly what I was hoping it would be but, unfortunately that made it horrible.
The Other Mr. Darcy is a new version/continuation of Pride and Prejudice. The idea that THE Mr. Darcy's American cousin came home for Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy's wedding and had a really awkward encounter with a heartbroken ex of Mr. Darcy's. Does that even make sense? Doesn't matter.
Monica Fairview tried to write this book as if it were an English classic and that pissed me off. She is NO Jane Austen. Like I said...I wanted to read it as if it were a sequel; in the same writing manner. I didn't want an updated trashy romance novel. That IS how it was written. It failed miserably though. Maybe she should have trashed it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedate me. Excite me. Leave me to READ.