Thursday, January 5, 2012

#3 Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari

Ashes, Ashes follows Lucy in her daily life about 6 months after she's last talked to another human, and about a year and a half after she left home. Her entire family had just died of the plague and the entire world was changed by global warming. She might be living in Central Park in New York but it's nothing like the park we're familiar with today.
Eventually she's forced to move on and she meets up with a small group of survivors that have a completely different scope of problems than her own.
I really enjoyed this story but at the same time it had a lot more room to move. I think Treggiari could have doubled the size of this book or even made it a nice sequel or trilogy series. I might check more of her books out but it might not be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedate me. Excite me. Leave me to READ.