Wednesday, May 11, 2011

#29 Goddess of Spring by PC Cast

Gaw. Everything I read has a horrid title. Okay. Not EVERYTHING.

I do love PC Cast and I did enjoy this book. It's a "Rework of Greek Mythology" that involves the Goddess of Spring, Persephone, who is torn between her mother, Demeter, and, Hades, the God of the Underworld. In this story Demeter tricks a mortal, Lina, into a favor and swaps Lina's soul with Persephone's soul. Lina, then, is sent to the Underworld to fulfill Persephone's scheduled time there. Hades doesn't know it's not actually the Goddess, of course, and he eventually falls in love with her. Yawdy yawdy yawda.
As far as mythology goes I learned more from the Percy Jackson Series but there was some fun stuff here, too. I'll read the other books in this "series". The forward said there is a Goddess Undine story (which I've read) An Apollo/Artemis story (where the twins are vacationing in Vegas) and a Beauty and the beast story. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedate me. Excite me. Leave me to READ.