Tuesday, November 29, 2011

#71 Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Oh, wow! I loved it. Can't wait to start The girl who played with fire!
I started this book more than a year ago but had a traumatic event occur while reading it (MAJOR sunburn) and between the scarred psyche and the tough to read-through Swedish economy and politics I just couldn't do it.
I REALLY want to see the remake of the film when it comes out in a few weeks so I decided I needed to give the book another try. I skimmed past the first 100 pages (because it was familiar) and was almost immediately caught! It got to the point where I didn't want to put it down to eat or run to the bathroom! Needless to say I finished it in an almost completely uninterrupted 10 hours.
Dark material? Well, yeah. Confusing subtext? Sometimes. Creative development? Definitely. Amazing characters? HELL YES!
As I said before...I really am looking forward to reading the next two books in the trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedate me. Excite me. Leave me to READ.