Monday, February 7, 2011

#10 Room by Emma Donoghue

What an exceptional book!
My sister suggested this one after she had finished it. It was my very first "E-book" story.
Room is through the perspective of a 5 year old boy (Jack) who was born in a captive situation. His mother was abducted when she was 19 and gave birth to him 2 years later so all he knows is "Room". This is an amazing story of love and companionship; Realities and discoveries and boundaries.
Imagine everything you've ever known to be within the boundaries of one single room. Now what would happen if you were shoved out of that space into the whole wide frantic "outside".
The book does a remarkable job of getting a point across and broadening your perceptions but through a very naive way. Jack is not only 5 years old but he's completely oblivious of the world. I love the creativity and honesty of this story. I want EVERYONE to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedate me. Excite me. Leave me to READ.