Tuesday, April 5, 2011

#21 Prom Nights from Hell by multi authors

I looked up books by Meg Cabot after reading a couple of her books last week and found this title...and it had short stories by her and 4 other authors, including Twilight's Stephenie Meyer. It seemed obvious that I would read it next.
Although, the title makes it sound like it's going to be stories much like the letters from all the preteen magazines. You know the ones. "I should never have worn white to my prom when my period was due." and "I was showing off at the crowded pool and did an amazing dive while everyone was watching and my ENTIRE swimsuit disintegrated in midair." THOSE letters.
It wasn't like that. :)
Each of the 5 authors told a short story that took place at or around a high school prom. Each of the main characters had some kind of a random connection to a preternatural being. #1. A vampire. #2. A modernized rewrite of "The Monkey's Paw". #3. Reconnaissance Error Acquisitions Personnel. Evaluation and Recovery aka R.E.A.P.E.R. #4. A Prophet and a Super Hero. And finally the #5. by Stephenie Meyer was about a Demon and an Angel.
These stories were fun. I love short stories when I've been having trouble reading. They inspire me. :) I'm ready for the next one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedate me. Excite me. Leave me to READ.