Sunday, April 24, 2011

#24 Bittersweet Ecstasy by Janelle Taylor

I finished the book the night before last. I REALLY didn't want to add the title to my blog list, though. Can you blame me? This was one of the 2 romance novels that I read when I was in my early teens and had LOOOOOOOOOOVED so much! Now? Meh.
It's a complex mix of relationships that span over a few generations, and a few separate tribes of the Native Americans, in the early settling days of the United States. It was confusing in storyline and loaded with history that was irrelevant. I have no idea why I loved it so much when I was a kid. Maybe it was the whole native thing. The main tribe it followed is Oglala Sioux which is a close family to some of my own heritage. Maybe I had some kind of elevated Sioux pride at that time of my life. I dunno. It's definitely the last time I will read this book, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedate me. Excite me. Leave me to READ.