Sunday, January 30, 2011

#7. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

Oh wow! It took me a couple of weeks to read this book but WHAT A BOOK! I laughed, I cried, I bragged, I ignored...It was a truly a roller coaster ride of a story. I had never watched any of the movie (and I still have no intention to) and this was my first time to read the story. I was blissfully ignorant about much of the story. I knew of Scarlett, of course, and Rhett, and I had heard that the plantation's name was Tara. I had no idea all of the tremendous twists and turns and misery and triumph that would happen in this book. I hate Scarlett. I love Rhett. I'm livid at the ending....yet it's so perfect!
Ultimately I don't believe I will ever read this again but I am so very happy that I did. What an excellent book and story teller!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedate me. Excite me. Leave me to READ.