Monday, January 31, 2011

#8. Awakened by PC Cast and Kristin Cast

Awe! That's more like it! In true form I read a book today. That's right....an ENTIRE book. I've been looking forward to the newest book in the House of Night series and it did NOT disappoint me. I love these stories. Yes, it's yet another vampire saga. No, it's not like any other I've read before. I like how young and fresh and honest these books are. It might be cheesy to have modern romance authors, popular tv shows like Glee and movie blockbusters like Avatar referred to in a book but it's part of the charm of this series. The characters are easy to relate to because they're dealing with familiar things. I, also, love that I might predict one thing that might happen in the book but I'm blind sided by two. The mother/daughter writing team of these books are great. Awakened is book 8 in this series and I've enjoyed each and every one of them. I have trouble waiting to see what our hero, Zoey Redbird, is going to have to deal with next. I have to wait all the way until November for the next part of this series. I hate waiting! It's always worth it though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedate me. Excite me. Leave me to READ.