Saturday, January 15, 2011

#5 Rant by Chuck Palahniuk

...aka...an ORAL BIOGRAPHY of BUSTER CASEY
This book took me waaaay too long to read. Under normal circumstances I would have had all 319 pages done in 2 days. 3 tops.
I did like this book. I LOVE this author. It is, however, one of my least favorite of his novels.
The story is about a man called Rant Casey who becomes THE "superspreader" of a strain of rabies that threatens humanity. Patient #1. It doesn't sound funny but in true "Chuck" form...it is. The most mundane sentences had me laughing aloud and reading to my husband. He didn't get it, of course, but he puts up with me. :)
Sometimes there is no easy way to describe a "Chuck" story so I don't even want to attempt. Even the cover flap doesn't really describe what the story is about. It's easy to say that it's dramatic, it's frightening, it's disgusting and disturbing, it's funny and it's twisted. It's "Chuck".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedate me. Excite me. Leave me to READ.